Learn All About Laser Dentistry in Honolulu at Hawaii Cosmetic Dental
Are you looking for more information about laser dentistry in Honolulu, HI? Hawaii Cosmetic Dental has the most advanced dental technology to help give you the absolute best care possible. Are you searching for the most advanced dental care in the Honolulu area? Our highly-skilled team is here to provide you with everything you need to know about laser dentistry in Honolulu, HI.
The addition of lasers to the dental field has enabled dentists to perform many procedures that have been around for a long time with several added benefits for the patient. Laser Dentistry is used in several procedures to improve results while preserving the health of teeth and gums. It is most commonly used in procedures involving the soft tissue in the mouth.
Lasers are incredibly efficient in treating periodontal disease, gum disease, ulcers, or removing excess gum tissue. Laser treatment can reduce bleeding during procedures and cause less discomfort than traditional surgical instruments. However, laser dentistry may also cause a longer healing period and create slight discoloration of the gums.
Lasers are most commonly used in teeth whitening procedures, setting restorative dentistry, sealing crowns and fillings, and detecting dental decay. If you would like to know if laser dentistry would be a good option for your dental care, call our office today to schedule a consultation.
Laser dentistry allows Dr. Rosala to:
- perform gum surgery without the gums bleeding, and he won't need to stitch them up!
- disinfect a decayed tooth in need of a root canal
- alleviate pain and swelling from cold and canker sores
- perform some cosmetic gum surgeries
- accelerate teeth whitening
Other laser procedures available with the use of laser dentistry:
- gingival troughing for crown impressions
- gingival incision and excision
- hemostasis and coagulation
- excisional and incisional biopsies
- expose unerupted teeth
- fibroma removal
- frenectomy and frenotomy
- implant recovery
- incision and drainage of abscess
- oral papillectomies
- pulpotomy with root canal therapy
- reduction of gingival hypertrophy
- soft tissue crown lengthening
The advent of lasers has significantly improved the success rate in treating periodontal (gum) disease. Laser periodontal procedures include:
- sulcular debridement (removal of diseased soft tissue)
- laser soft tissue curettage
- removal of highly inflamed edematous tissue affected by bacteria in the gum pocket lining
To learn more about laser dentistry, visit www.laserdentistry.org, or call Hawaii Cosmetic Dental to learn more about laser dentistry in Honolulu, HI. You can reach us at (808) 988-3500 or fill out a contact form directly on our website and we will be in touch with you at your convenience.