Options with Laser Dentistry
The addition of lasers to the dental field has enabled dentists to perform many procedures that have been around for a long time with several added benefits for the patient.
Dr. Rosala, with the use of a laser, can:
- perform gum surgery without the gums bleeding, and he won't need to stich them up!
- disinfect a decayed tooth in need of a root canal.
- alleviate pain an swelling from cold and canker sores.
- perform some cosmetic gum surgeries.
- accelerate teeth whitening.
Other laser procedures Dr. Rosala can do are:
- gingival troughing for crown impressions
- gingival incision and excision
- hemostasis and coagulation
- excisional and incisional biopsies
- expose unerupted teeth
- fibroma removal
- frenectomy and frenotomy
- implant recovery
- incision and drainage of abscess
- oral papillectomies
- pulpotomy with root canal therapy
- reduction of gingival hypertrophy
- soft tissue crown lengthening
The advent of lasers have significantly improved the success rate in treating periodontal (gum) disease.
Laser periodontal procedures include:
- sulcular debridement (removal of diseased soft tissue)
- laser soft tissue curettage
- removal of highly inflamed edematous tissue affected by bacteria in the gum pocket lining
To learn more about laser dentistry, visit www.laserdentistry.org.